At Arbor, we are committed to preparing nutritious food that tastes great. Arbor prepares its food using only the finest ingredients. We believe attention to detail is essential to ensure a quality food service program.
Arbor's A+ Nutrition Program
As part of our A-Plus Nutrition program, Arbor Management has adopted Choose My Plate (introduced by the USDA) as the framework for menu planning and food preparation in school lunch programs. Our program objectives are to:
- Offer a variety of high quality foods.
- Serve meals that aid in maintaining a healthy bodyweight.
- Offer foods that are low in fat.
- Serve plenty of fruit and vegetables including fresh seasonal produce.
- Serve a variety of grains including wheat and whole grains.
- Offer and use sugars only in moderation.
- Offer and use sodium and salt only in moderation.
- Eliminate all trans fats.
As students and parents become more aware of the benefits of good nutrition they expect more from their lunch program. We make sure they have it.
Nutritional Information Examples
This provides students an opportunity to look at various nutritional websites that are geared towards students.
This provides parents an opportunity to look at various nutritional websites that focus on proper general nutrition.